Welcome to St Albans
St Albans stands out as a unique English Cathedral City. The city’s colourful history can be seen in the Roman remains and the beautiful medieval architecture. There are lush green parks and countryside, a buzzing metropolis, excellent attractions and interesting and ancient history. We have fabulous shopping with many small independent shops amongst the high street stores and a fantastic range of eating and drinking establishments. There are special events throughout the year. It's easy to get here too. We're just 22 minutes from London St Pancras, a short hop off the M1 and M25 motorways, within easy reach of London Luton and Heathrow airports. Come and visit to discover St Albans for yourself - you'll be sure of a warm welcome.
- St Albans Christmas Market takes place from 28th November to 21st September, in and around Vintry Garden next to St Albans Cathedral...
3:02 PM Nov 28th
- And the lights are on...
5:34 PM Nov 17th
- Things are in full swing at the Christmas Lights Switch On! Come along for hot food, market stalls and entertainment all afternoon...
1:02 PM Nov 17th
- The elves are busy preparing for the St Albans Christmas Lights Switch On later today - from 12 to 6pm with the lights at 5:30pm. See...
8:44 AM Nov 17th
- There's a French market in St Albans today and tomorrow - lots of tasty food and great French products...
1:17 PM Oct 24th
- @martindleach Christmas needs a little magic. I still believe in Santa.
3:25 PM Nov 28th Tweet Follow us
- The launch event is from 5-8pm tonight with music & entertainment. The Mayor will officially open the market at 7:15: http://t.co/vfhkfpYVZR
3:24 PM Nov 28th Tweet Follow us
- @martindleach Bjorn the bear will be in action from 6-6:30 and 7:15-7:45. Full launch programme at http://t.co/vfhkfpYVZR.
3:22 PM Nov 28th Tweet Follow us
- The Christmas Market is underway! Some photos are online on our Facebook page: https://t.co/pM5RtuUECj Here's one! http://t.co/JR7QQzdxOM
3:08 PM Nov 28th Tweet Follow us
- RT @StAXmasMarket: Lovely produce at the @staxmasmarket - open now!!! http://t.co/e5Sqjp0JxP
1:54 PM Nov 28th Tweet Follow us