Welcome to St Albans
St Albans stands out as a unique English Cathedral City. The city’s colourful history can be seen in the Roman remains and the beautiful medieval architecture. There are lush green parks and countryside, a buzzing metropolis, excellent attractions and interesting and ancient history. We have fabulous shopping with many small independent shops amongst the high street stores and a fantastic range of eating and drinking establishments. There are special events throughout the year. It's easy to get here too. We're just 22 minutes from London St Pancras, a short hop off the M1 and M25 motorways, within easy reach of London Luton and Heathrow airports. Come and visit to discover St Albans for yourself - you'll be sure of a warm welcome.
- Arthouse exhibition on at the Museum of St Albans until 30 June. See artworks from Yoko Ono, Richael Whiteread, Tracey Emin, Martin Creed, and more....
7:12 PM May 22nd
- We're launching the St Albans beach volleyball courts in Verulamium Park this weekend, 25-26th May. The courts are made with sand from the Olymp...
6:58 PM May 22nd
- Enjoy the spring sunshine at the "Beating the Bounds" ceremony at 2pm, starts at the pudding stone in front of Kingsbury Mill in St Michael...
1:03 PM May 05th
- The St Albans Morris Men were up early this morning to give their traditional greeting to the sunrise on May Da...
11:50 AM May 01st
- Don't miss the "This is Goth" exhibition at the Museum of St Alban...
4:57 PM Apr 30th
- "RT @UniHertsArts: Visit #ArtHouse and explore works by Tracey Emin, Yoko Ono, Mark Wallinger and more. http://t.co/bvoU8nFLOR" until 30 Jun
6:07 PM May 22nd Tweet Follow us
- RT @StAlbansCouncil: New beach volleyball courts launch in St Albans. See:http://t.co/mKc5s7TdKF #stalbans #harpenden with London 2012 sand!
6:01 PM May 22nd Tweet Follow us
- The St Albans Morris Men were up early this morning to give their traditional greeting to the sunrise on May Day http://t.co/fjXDTZow0C
10:54 AM May 01st Tweet Follow us
- Don't miss "This is Goth" exhibition at Museum of St Albans 26 Apr - 25 May, exploring Goth culture past and present. http://t.co/kQtcOR9Pkb
3:37 PM Apr 30th Tweet Follow us
- The Alban Bun goes on sale at the Cathedral from today until 1st April. The buns are produced by Redbournbury Mill, once owned by the Abbey.
3:33 PM Mar 22nd Tweet Follow us