Here’s what you need to make it:
200g Bourbon biscuits
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 teaspoons cocoa
200ml double cream
200g orange chocolate (Terry’s dark or Lindt orange work well)
200g cream cheese
150g golden caster sugar
Terry’s chocolate orange for garnish
- Put the bourbons into a freezer bag and smash into small pieces, the smaller the better. If you have a food processor you can use it for this
- Melt the butter with the soft brown sugar
- Pour it into the smashed up bourbons and mix it all in
- Press the base into the bottom of the tin, place in the fridge while you get the cheesecake mix ready
- Melt 200 g of the chocolate oranges in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, when it’s all melted leave to cool
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks
- Fold the cocoa powder through the cream
- In another bowl whisk the cream cheese with the golden caster sugar
- Fold the cream/cocoa through the cream cheese
- Spread it over the cheesecake base, ensure there is no air trapped underneath, tap it on the surface
- Decorate with the remainder of the Terry’s chocolate pieces.
- Place in the freezer for 90 minutes if you want to set it quickly. Then place it in the fridge.
- Garnish with orange zest.
If you’d like to try some more of chef Luke Watts’ recipes, check out www.cooklybookly.com/Jonwatts88